Sunday, May 31, 2009

I have been so neglegtful...........






















Sorry blog world! I have ignored you, and like all good relationships, I willtry to make ammends...The last month has been a whirlwind of activity here. First, my oldest daughter Kaillie was off to the mission field in Cambodia and Thailand for 4 months. 2 weeks ago, Kaillie got very sick with Dengue Fever, and mosquito borne illness similar to malaria. At one point they thought they may have to evacuate her to Singapore or Thailand for platelet transfusions. The poor kid was miserable- fevers between 103- 105 degrees in a country where its already 100 degrees outside, and no air conditioning. Praise God, she recovered quickly and was back in the orphanage working on the day the doctors told her she would feel th worst!! The rash was ugly followed by the accompanying intestinal disruption, but that was the least of our worries!! Thank you so much to all of our praying friends and family who got us through that one!!






Next, I was off to Rio San Juan, Dominican Republic to do a surgical mission with several doctors, and nurses from the hospital where I work. What an amazing opportunity to serve God and His less fortunate people in this way. I was so humbled and grateful for the chance to work with these wonderful, truly thankful people!!! I can't wait to return.
Part 2, coming up!!






No comments:

Post a Comment